Assalamualaikum... Selamat petang semua... Hari ni jamu mata dengan menu roti pulak... Monkey breads namanya... Menarik sungguh nama roti ni.... Jangan ingat ada letak monyet pulak dalam roti tu.... Hahahaa..... Ni buat untuk minum petang tadi... Sambil makan roti, hujan turun... Alhamdulillah... Dah lama hujan tak turun... Hilang rasa panas tu... Meh kita tengok resepi kat bawah tu...
Makes 1 (18cm tube pan)
C&P : dailydelicious
240g Bread flour
60g Cake flour
5g Instant yeast
20g Granulated sugar
1 Egg yolk
40g melted butter
70g Light brown sugar
1 Egg white
- Mix together egg yolk and water.
- Put the flours, sugar and yeast in a bowl, whisk to combine, add and salt whisk again. Pour the egg and water mixture into the bowl.
- Use large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix every thing together, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together (add more water if the dough's too dry ).
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead, you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes. A dd the butter and knead by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back ov er itself. Give the dough a little turn and repeat. Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough. Knead for 1 0-1 5 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny , almost satiny .
- Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size (can be 1 hour or 1 hour and a half check often depend on the temperature).
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Roast the walnut for 10minutes, until fragrance, let it cool. Put the nut and light brown sugar into the food processor and process until powdery.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter the tube pan (if you have the one with remov able bottom will make y our life easier). Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate by touch it lightly . Cut the dough into 30 pieces (they will be small) roll into balls.
- Dip the ball into melted butter, nut mix ture and egg white.
- Then place them in prepared pan. Let the dough rise until almost double in size, about 40-50 minutes When the dough ready , put into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. If the top of the bread is too brown before the bread is done, cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Let the rest in the pan for 1 0-1 5 minutes, then remov e from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. Or, serve piping hot from the oven, it will be fun to eat ^^.