Assalamualaikum dan selamat petang semua.... Dah lama aku tak buat kek yang ada krim ni... Alang-alang dah birthday ni, aku pun buat la sebijik.. Kek biasa ja pun... Rasa dia boleh tahan sedap jugak... Tapi agak manis kat krim tu... Chocolate Fudge Frosting tu bagi aku memang agak manis. Lepas ni kalau nak buat boleh ganti dengan chocolate mousse atau chocolate ganache pun ok jugak... Ikut selera laaa... Kek ni aku buat separuh adunan ja... Sebab nak test.. Guna loyang bulat 6 inci... Bila buat saiz kecik ni nampak comel la pulak... huhuuu.... Ok la, kalau ada yang nak mencuba boleh tengok resepi kat bawah tu....
Ultimate Cookies and Cream Oreo Cake
C&P : Brown Eyed Baker
For the Cake:
• 2½ cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 3 cups granulated sugar
• 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon baking soda
• 1½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1½ teaspoons salt
• 3 eggs, at room temperature
• 1½ cups buttermilk, at room temperature
• 1½ cups strong black coffee, hot
• ¾ cup vegetable oil
• 4½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans, line the bottoms with rounds of parchment paper, grease the parchment, then flour the insides of the pans, tapping out excess; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or large mixing bowl if you’re using a hand mixer), sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for an additional 20 seconds (the batter will be very thin).
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes and rotate the pans in the oven. Continue to bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out almost clean (with a few moist crumbs), about 12 more minutes. Cool the cakes (in the pans) on wire racks for 20 minutes, then carefully turn them out onto cooling racks to cool completely.
For the Cookies and Cream Filling:
• 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
• ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 12 Double Stuf Oreos, crushed or finely chopped
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the powdered sugar, mixing until completely incorporated. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the crushed cookies.
For the Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
• 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
• 4½ cups powdered sugar
• 1½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 6 tablespoons whole milk or half-and-half
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl halfway through.
For the White Chocolate Glaze:
• 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 4 tablespoons whole milk
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 6 ounces white chocolate, melted and still warm
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until incorporated and smooth. Slowly stir in the white chocolate with a rubber spatula. The glaze should be thick yet pourable; if the glaze appears too thick, thin it out with addition milk, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
• Additional Oreo cookies
Assemble the Cake
- Place one of the cake layers on a serving platter and spread with half of the cookies and cream filling. Top with another cake layer and spread with the remaining cookies and cream filling. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost the entire cake with the chocolate fudge frosting. Pour the white chocolate glaze onto the center of the top of the cake and allow to spread and drip over the sides. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or until it is completely set. Using the chocolate fudge frosting, pipe swirls on top of the cake and garnish with additional Oreo cookies. The cake can be kept at room temperature if being served the same day. If you are making the cake ahead of time (or have leftovers), store it in the refrigerator but allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour prior to serving.